About this page
Internet links to forecasts for the Mediterranean broadcast under the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) via VHF, NAVTEX and INMARSAT.
Related pages -
Links to forecasts
"Official" texts of NAVTEX forecasts can be found here but, unfortunately cannot be bookmarked.
Sea area forecasts
- INMARSAT-C High Seas forecast text for Western areas of the Mediterranean --- Issue times 0900/ 2100. In English. Effectively, this contains the content of the Météo France NAVTEX broadcasts.
In totally irresponsible move, Météo France does not now allow any of its Offshore (Bullétins au large) or its Inshore (Bullétins Cotieres) forecasts to be bookmarked.,Marine forecasts can only be obtained on-line by going to Météo France Marine Home page and using a rather clumsy menu driven system. Or the even more clumsy Météo France Navimail system.
Tha Spanish NAVTEX forecasts are only available from the WMO/IMO site and cannot be bookmarked
- W Andalucía, Gibraltar Strait, Ceuta
- E Andalucía, Melilla, Alborán
- Murcia, Valencia
- Ilas Baléares
NOTE - Texts of Coastal forecasts are in Spanish and include reports of actual weather. Outlooks may be for one or two days depending on time of issue
Italian Met Service which is under the Italian Air Force
- Sea Area Bulletin ]] --- 24 hours plus 12 hour outlook (In English)
- High Seas forecast --- The text of the INMARSAT, NAVTEX and VHF broadcasty forecasts.
- Menu of charts of forecast winds
- [[http://www.ims.gov.il/IMSEng/All_tahazit/ShoresForcast/ | Israel Coastal waters
- Eastern Med Sea area
3-Dayand Actual reports for the Mediterranean
Synopsis in English and 3-day "Grid point" forecasts
See also -
- Forecasts around Western Europe
- Marine Weather Forecast services in the Mediterranean and Adriatic
- Weather in the Western Mediterranean