About this page
Internet links to forecasts for the Atlantic coasts of France. Spain, Portugal and High Seas. Most are broadcast under the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) marine weather and some other forecasts for METAREA II, The eastern Atlantic south of 48 deg N.
- INMARSAT Forecasts - Worldwide
- METAREA I, UK, Baltic and High Seas
- METAREA III - Mediterranean and Black Sea
Links to forecasts
METAREA II High Seas
- High Seas forecast for METAREA II --- in English. Issued at 0900/2100 UTC
"Official" texts of NAVTEX forecasts for METAREA II cabbot currently be book marked.
Inshore Forecasts (Bullétins Cotiere)
Offshore forecasts(9Bull etins au large)
NOTE All these texts can be bookmarked. However, in totally irresponsible move, Météo France does not now allow any of these to be obtaineed using the Sailmail text retrieval service. The only way these texts can be obtained is by using the rather clumsy and restrictive Météo France Navimail service.
- Latest Forecast Vasco, Cantabria y Asturias
- Latest Forecast Galicia
- Latest Forecast Andalucía, Gibraltar Strait, Ceuta
- Latest Forecast Canary Isles
NOTE - Coastal forecasts include reports of actual weather. Outlooks may be for one or two days depending on time of issue
All in Spanish
3-Day forecasts and actual reports for Biscay to Gibraltar and the Canary Isles
English Channel to Gibraltar Synopsis & 3-day "Grid point" forecats
This includes waters around the British Isles as well as Biscay, Madeira, the Canaries etc.
See also pages on -
- Forecasts around Western Europe
- Mediterranean and Adriatic Weather services
- Baltic weather services
- Trans-Atlantic weather forecasts
- Weather in the Baltic
- Forecasts around Iceland?
Back to Home