On this page
Links to many GMDSS weather forecasts available on the Internet as quick and cheap downloads. The same data can often also be obtained over email at low cost. Links are given that are useful for text and chart information.
The Internet provides an alternative, supplementary way of getting most marine weather forecasts. It can also be a complementary service by providing information not covered under the GMDSS weather broadcasts. However, it always has to be borne in mind that the Internet is not an operational service. It will not always be available or it might cost too much just for the communications.
- An essential starter page to understand what is available on the Internet
- Introduction to GMDSS texts worldwide
- Internet sources of weather charts
- Latest Actuals
- Forecasts on the BBC website
- The mechanics of getting forecasts
- A threat to Internet services